Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Burn baby burn

I think I may have hit my burn-out point.....
On more than one occasion, I have been accused of "burning the candle on both ends." *shudder*  I know! Me!? Who do they think they are?!
But seriously.
I know my limitations, and yet I continually push them. I feel like I must be going at 90mph at all times to be 'gainfully engaged' or I'm letting valuable time pass right by. Now I am 27 and I can't really remember where the last 6 years went. Don't get me wrong. I remember some events with exquisite detail; like the birth of my children, graduating, getting commissioned. But overall, the time just disappeared without so much as a memo or thank you note. Between motherhood, womanhood, school, work, volunteer, military duty, wedding planning, and just a few other things, I think I might need to go ahead and purchase that day planner I've been eyeing. Especially seeing as I am succumbing to the mountains of Post-it notes that do not seem to be cutting it anymore.
All that to say, I will likely continue burning at both ends but it's because I see how precious life is. I want to soak up every minute, every detail, every opportunity. I know I will likely drive myself (and many around me) mad  because of my inability to NOT go ten different directions at once. How amazing is life though? My sense of excitement is only renewed by the wonderment and curiosity of my children.
Why yes Lily! We SHOULD barrel through that puddle at full speed. Who cares that we have our good shoes on. Let's live a little! 
*note to self, I'm gonna need to get new shoes. SHOPPING!!!! 
This sort of cavalier attitude is only exacerbated by the impending holidays, mind you. My friends have managed to figure out NOT to take me shopping because I MUST stop and see every shiny detail and sparkle. And yes. I MUST sing Deck the Halls at the very top of my lungs in the middle of Penn Square while sitting on Santa's lap. Christmas only happens once a year and I'm going to milk it for every ounce it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment